How Much Do You Know About the Use and Maintenance Skills of Semi-trailer ABS?
The ABS system on a semi-trailer is no stranger to every trailer driver, but not much is known about it.
1. What is the semi-trailer ABS system?
ABS system is the abbreviation of Anti-Lock Braking System (Anti-Lock Braking System). It is a very important safety device on the car. It is used to prevent the wheels from locking and dragging when the car is braking, so as to improve the directional stability, steering maneuverability and shorten the braking distance during the braking process of the car, which gives full play to the braking effect of the car.
Ⅱ. The use and maintenance of semi-trailer ABS
1. When welding the vehicle, the ABS power harness must be unplugged, otherwise the ECU will be damaged.
2. When installing the wheel, the sensor should be pushed to the bottom first to ensure the clearance between the sensor and the ring gear. Attention should be paid to the installation of the wheel hub, and it should not be installed savagely.
3. The semi-trailer is equipped with a pipeline filter, which needs to be cleaned once every three months to ensure that the pipeline is clean to prevent damage to the ABS.
4. When emergency braking on a slippery road, there is no need to use continuous jog, just full braking.
5. Always check whether the sensor connector is loose. If it needs to be replaced, it must not be inserted wrongly. It is necessary to ensure that the air circuit and the sensor correspond one by one, and the same side of the brake air pipe corresponds to the same side of the combined valve outlet.
6. When maintaining the semi-trailer hub, care should be taken not to damage the surface of the ring gear. If there is dust or oil on the surface of the ring gear, it needs to be cleaned, and the wheel speed sensor also needs to be cleaned.
7. When washing the car, do not directly flush the combined valve with water, otherwise it will cause the ABS system to malfunction.
8. Since most braking is conventional braking, ABS does not participate in the braking process, so it generally does not cause high temperature of the wheels, but abnormal high temperature may affect the sensor.
9. Ensure that there is no air leakage or insufficient air pressure in the brake air path of the tractor, and ensure that the tractor has conventional braking.
10. If there is a fault, the user cannot dismantle the parts of the ABS system by himself, and should consult or deal with the ABS manufacturer or the company's after-sales service department.
Our company is a company specializing in the manufacture and supply of a full range of solutions for trailers and trailer parts. It has been based in the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area of China for more than 15 years and is one of the earliest companies in the industry.
What we do is to customize various types of semi-trailers, including skeleton type, flatbed type, dump truck, fence type, warehouse type, low-bed semi-trailer, etc. We have complete and advanced technology and equipment, and provide a full range of genuine trailers parts and solutions. If necessary, welcome to consult.