Transportation Advantages of Container Transport Trailers
1. Simplified loading and unloading operation: When the container is transshipped, it only needs to be replaced without flipping, which greatly simplifies the loading and unloading operation and facilitates the mechanization of loading and unloading. The replacement of containers usually takes only a few minutes, which shortens the waiting time for loading and unloading, improves labor productivity and speeds up the turnover of goods and transport tools.
2. Save packaging cost: because the goods are directly packed in containers, there is no need to reverse. Therefore, it is not necessary to pack the goods separately, which saves the cost of packing.
2. Reduce cargo damage and shortage: Container itself is a solid package during the whole transportation process. Only the initial and final transportation can open the container to load and unload the cargo. The cargo of the intermediate link container does not need to be reversed, so the cargo is not easy to damage and loss. Container movable transportation can reduce the damage and difference caused by theft, dampness, pollution, etc. It is welcomed by cargo owners and shipping companies. Moreover, because of the reduction of the different rate of cargo damage, it reduces the waste of social wealth and has great social benefits.
3. Reduce the whole transportation cost: Because the container handling is basically not affected by bad weather, the unproductive berthing time of ships is shortened, and because of the high efficiency of loading and unloading, the loading and unloading time is shortened, for shipping companies, it can improve the navigation rate and reduce the shipping cost. For ports, berth capacity can be improved to increase throughput and revenue.
The traditional transportation mode has many shortcomings, such as many loading and unloading links, high labor intensity, low loading and unloading efficiency, slow ship turnover and so on. Container transportation has completely changed this situation.
1) The loading and unloading of ordinary cargo ships is generally about 35 tons per hour, while the loading and unloading of containers can reach about 400 tons per hour, which greatly improves the efficiency of loading and unloading. At the same time, due to the high degree of mechanization of container handling, the number of loading and unloading workers per team is very small, and the average productivity of each worker is greatly improved.
2) Because of the high efficiency of container loading and unloading, the small impact of climate and the shorter stay time of ships in port, the voyage time of ships is shortened, the turnover of ships is accelerated, the voyage rate is greatly increased, and the production efficiency of ships is improved accordingly. Thus, the capacity of ship transportation is improved. Without increasing the number of ships, more volume of ships can be completed and the revenue of shipping companies can be increased. This efficiency leads to efficiency.
Container transportation is also a highly capital-intensive industry, and the investment in ports is considerable. The wharf facilities of special container berths include wharf shoreline and frontier, cargo yard, freight station, maintenance workshop, control tower, portal, and container handling machinery, which is costly.