The Adjustment Method of Abnormal Wear and Deviation of Trailer Tire
Ⅰ. Abnormal wear of semi trailer tires
1. The wheelbase deviation of the semi trailer increases, causing abnormal tire wear
When the semi trailer is running, the rotation speed of the tires at both ends of the axle is the same. If the wheelbase changes, the lateral sliding friction of the tires at both ends increases, and the tires slide while rolling, causing abnormal tire wear. Before adjusting the wheelbase of the semi trailer, you should first find out the reason for the change in the wheelbase of the semi trailer, and then adjust it after the treatment is completed.
2. According to the manual, analyze the fault part and the requirement
Overhaul various parts and components that may cause abnormal tire wear, such as axles, tie rods, etc. In addition, the tires should be maintained and replaced in time.
Ⅱ. Analysis of the phenomenon of the semi trailer vehicle walking obliquely
1. The main reason that the vehicle runs obliquely is because the distance from the center of the traction pin to the corresponding points on both sides of the first axle is not equal, and the two axles are not parallel (the three points are not an isosceles triangle). If the deviation is exceeded, it may cause abnormal tire wear. (A zigzag phenomenon occurs).
2. Detection and adjustment
(1) Park the vehicle on a level road without braking, and remove the outer tires and axle dust caps.
(2) Take the inner surface of the front side of the semi trailer hub as a vertical line to the ground and take a point (take one point on the left and right sides of the front axle).
(3) Based on the center of the traction pin, measure the distance to the above two points, and the difference between the two values is required to be greater than 1.5mm. If it is out of tolerance, adjust the front axle tie rod until it meets the requirements.
(4) Before the measurement, the difference between the measured values at the corresponding points of the rear axle hub is not more than 2mm. If it is out of tolerance, adjust the live tie rod on the rear axle to make it parallel until the deviation meets the requirements.
(5) Tighten the fastening bolts on the front and rear live tie rods.
(6) After adjustment, drive about one kilometer without braking and stop in place, and review the above dimensions. If there is any change that does not meet the requirements, adjust and try again according to the above method, and install tires, dust caps, etc. after no change.
It is worth noting that although the semi trailer is in an accurate state before leaving the factory, due to overloading and road conditions during use, it is easy to cause damage to parts. These factors will cause the vehicle to go skewed and tires are abnormally worn, so if the trailer is often overloaded or you drive at high speed, you must check and adjust each time you load to avoid failures.
Ultraton has achieved long-term cooperation with many well-known shipping companies and freight forwarders such as COSCO, ONE, PIL, MSC, CMA, etc. With our unique advantages in professional resources, knowledge and experience, we can complete every project cost-effectively. If you have any need, welcome to consult us.